Girls & Boys basketball info…
Posted December 4, 2022
Congrats to all our players who made the team! Purpose of this post is to ensure all families have all the information necessary to ensure we have a fun and safe season.
- 1st practice for both Girls & Boys will be Monday December 5th from 2:45 – 4:00pm
- Majority of the time on Monday will be reviewing our academic and behavioral expectations
- After practice on Monday @ 4pm in the Cafe the Coaches will be hosting an optional Family meeting to review these expectations and answer any questions you all might have.
- If you are unable to make this meeting and need to talk to either coach please reach out via email or call the front office @ 720-423-9600 to leave a number we can call you back on.
- Girls will practice Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:45-4:00pm
- Boys will practice on Mondays AND Thursdays from 2:45-4:00pm.
- We might add more days when we return from the winter holiday.
Due to scheduling conflicts and availability of referees our game schedules are always subject to change. Click HERE to access the DPS Prep Sport page (click on the Basketball B&G tab) that will have the most accurate information. We will send emails/texts frequently to ensure everyone is aware of the game schedules/locations.
- Our 1st game will be at HOME against Slavens on Wednesday the 14th.
- Girls play 1st at 3:45pm and Boys play after at 4:45pm.
- The remaining games will be in January after we return from winter break
- They are still planning those games so once those are finalized we will send you an updated game schedule.
Before students can play…
- All forms must be returned! Paper copies of these will be sent home with all students Monday 12/5.
- Emergency Contact form
- Scholar Athletic Contract
- Family Contract
- $25 Pay to Play fee
- Cash or check (made out to BVIS) can be returned with the signed forms.
- You can also call or come in to the front office to pay by credit card.
- If your family is unable to pay please see your Coach for a scholarship.
In order for Scholars to practice/play they may not have Ds or Fs. Once practice starts those Scholars will be in the study hall in the adjoining Health Room until they are without Ds and Fs.
As a reminder, DPS does not provide busing transportation so it is each families responsibility to ensure they have a ride to all away games.