To develop commUNITY and Yeti Pride, BVIS has a Uniform and Dress Code policy.
Dress Code & Uniform Shirts
Attire must not disrupt the school’s learning environment. It must meet reasonable standards of cleanliness and show respect for themselves and others.
Students that do not meet the Dress Code and Uniform Policy will be given the option to borrow a BVIS T-Shirt. If a student refuses to attend to the policy, that student will be asked to call home for appropriate clothing to be brought to school or to be picked up.
- All Students MUST wear a shirt or outerwear with a BVIS logo (see below for ordering info).
- T-Shirts may not be cut, tied, rolled up or otherwise altered to intentionally expose a person’s belly, chest or upper/lower back.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts can be worn in any color/style.
- Pants, shorts, dresses & skirts must be worn to appropriately cover undergarments and maintain reasonable levels of personal privacy – pants, shorts and skirts may not be worn to intentionally expose underwear or be too short to ensure modesty of private parts.
- Sweatshirts, sweaters, jackets, hoodies and other over-clothing must be “BVIS Spiritwear” or be worn to ensure school uniform is visible while inside the school building.
- Hoods must be off heads at all times when inside the building.
- Students MAY NOT wear any hats, beanies, hoodies or other headwear unrelated to students’ cultural or religious guidance and norms.
- Students MAY NOT wear sunglasses indoors.
- Students MAY NOT wear articles of clothing promoting drugs, alcohol, violence, discimination, sexual inuendo, derogatory language, gangs, illegal activity or other items or actions deemed by school leadership to be a disruption of the learning environment or harmful to other students or the community.
How do I buy logo’d shirts & outerwear?
- Basic and affordable uniform apparel will be offered for sale in the Front Office
T-Shirts = $8
Long Sleeve = $10
Hoodies $28 (limited stock, pre-orders to be taken in August for delivery mid/late September)
Purchase of BVIS Logos for existing apparel
- An optional outside vendor Memories by AC is available that has several logo options to imprint on existing apparel or new blank items you would like to buy at Walmart or Target.
- Click HERE to review her ordering flyer.
- If you choose to order through them you bring your apparel to the front office.
- Please ensure you are only bringing garments that are WHITE, NAVY BLUE, BLACK, GREY or LIME GREEN and are FREE of any logos that can’t be covered using 2 fingers.
- For example, a small Nike Swoosh or a Champion C is OK but a large logo on the back is not acceptable and will be refused by Memories by AC**.
- Based on our dress code expectations this company can refuse to add a logo that is not deemed to meet our expectations
Free Dress Days & Spirit Days
Throughout the year BVIS will have scheduled “Free Dress Days” (some earned and some available to all students) and “Spirit Days” when all students will be encouraged to wear personal clothing or theme-related spirit wear. Requirements of the Acceptable and Unacceptable Dress Code will remain the same as above, however BVIS Spiritwear will not be required on those days.