Updates for this week!
Posted January 9, 2022
Please review the below information to ensure your child is #yetiready and prepared for a successful week.
First – reminder that we now have 2 options for morning drop-off times; 7:30am or 7:50am-8:00am
- 7:30am option (drop-off alongside W. Columbia Place by the basketball courts)
- Cafe doors will not open any earlier than 7:30am even if we are experiencing inclement weather so please do not drop your child off any earlier than 7:30am
- We will stop letting scholars in these doors at 7:49am – if they arrive at 7:50, see 2nd option below.
- Scholars will remain in the Cafe, seated and properly masked until we dismiss them to their lockers at 8:00. Free breakfast will be available.
- The exception is our DPS bus riders as they will be dropped off at 7:15am.
- Upon arrival those scholars will enter through the main entrance and travel to the Cafe
- 7:50-8:00am option (3 grade level specific locations listed below)
- Adult supervision will start outside at 7:50am.
- Doors will open at roughly 8:02am for scholars to travel straight to their lockers
- 6th grade = off S. Golden way near main entrance
- 7th grade = back west doors just north of Cafe doors (can use either S. Bates Ave or W. Columbia St to drop off)
- 8th grade = back west doors nearest S. Bates Ave
- We will open those doors at 7:50am if we are experiencing inclement weather.All scholars must be in the building no later than 8:05am to allow them locker time to put their cell phone away. Any scholar not in their 1st class by 8:10am will be marked tardy. If your child is tardy please ensure they check-in through the main entrance.
Second – our after-school Community Connections previously offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays are on hold.
Please look for more information in the coming weeks on the new start up date as these enrichments and study halls will be offered instead on Thursdays going forward.
Third – this Tuesday 1/11 will be our 1st early release of the new semester.
As a reminder every Tuesday we will dismiss at 1:30pm. DPS bus riders will also be picked up early at 1:30pm. Click here for the communication sent before break about this change.
Finally – there will be no school next Monday January 17th in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.