Welcome back 8th grade!
Posted August 18, 2022
We are so YETI-EXCITED to see you return on Friday August 19th for your 1st day of 8th grade!
Please review the below to prepare for a successful FIRST day back for your LAST year of middle school.
- We will be ready to greet 8th grade scholars starting at 7:15am off South Bates Avenue on the west side of the building.
- Click HERE to view our campus map traffic flow map.
- Check-in tables will be organized by students’ last name.
- Students will receive a peel-n-stick name tag with their full name + Learning Community Mentors name listed.
- Staff will then assist students to find their designated line
- At roughly 7:30am we will start bringing students inside the building.
- This is where families will say their goodbyes!
- Our 8th grade team planned a very fun day to ensure ALL students are feeling supported and successful. Scholars will:
- Review their daily schedule.
- Meet all their teachers and be provided a full building tour.
- Start learning how to open their personal locker.
- Engage in fun team activities to start building both peer & adult relationships.
- Review various policies and procedures.
- Enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the day!
- FREE breakfast and lunch will be provided; scholars can also pack a cold lunch.
- If you haven’t already please be sure to fill out your mandatory lunch application as lunches are not automatically free for students like they have in the past 2 years.
- Scholars will be dismissed out the back west doors at 2:30pm.
- Please be sure you arrange for them to be picked up no later than 2:40pm.
- All scholars should do their best to be in the proper dress code attire.
- The Front Office is open every day from 8-3pm if you still need to buy t-shirts.
- Scholars can but don’t have to bring their school supplies and Chromebook on their 1st day.
- If your child is new to DPS or you are unsure of where their assigned CB is please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also email email@example.com if your family needs support securing school supplies.
- Finally please start practicing earlier night time routines to help scholars get ready for the upcoming early mornings.
If you have ANY questions or concerns please call 720-423-9600 or email us.